Sunday, April 24, 2005

Come, and see!

To all readers: This is the second of my posts today (I know, shocking!), so look below for the other one.

To my Protestant, or non-Orthodox readers (if there are any), this is for you:

If you have ever had any kind of itch or curiousity to go to an Orthodox service, this is the time to do it. There is absolutely NOTHING on this side of Heaven that can compare to a Pascha service. So, find an Orthodox friend, or get out your phone book/visit the websites of the Orthodox churches here in America (the Antiochian Orthodox Church and the Orthodox Church of America are linked on the left). Find out what time their service is.

The Church, as the bride of Christ, eagerly awaits the appearing of our Bridegroom. We miss Him, we long to be with Him in the way we were intended. We love Him.

And on Saturday night, somewhere around midnight, we will rejoice in this His great and glorious gift of Salvation. You may find, will likely find, you have no idea what is going on, or that it's not all in English, or that it seems like it's something out of a National Geographic special. That's ok. It's like the clearest, purest, deepest river you will find.

But come on in, the water's great!

3 Comments:

At 12:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

For all the money, time, and energy spent on marketing and advertising by many of the Protestant "mega-churches", I doubt there has been anything that has been so powerful at drawing people to the Church as the services of Orthodox Holy Week.

 
At 12:44 PM, Blogger Bec said...

Radoje--thanks for the post. If you don't mind, I linked to your blog on my links bar. Great work. I especially enjoyed your response to the "emergent church" question.

History is the best apologist for the truth of Orthodoxy.

 
At 1:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you very much, I don't mind being linked at all. Even though it is impossible to say, I think even if I wasn't born into an Orthodox family, my love of history would have lead me to Orthodoxy. Of course maybe it is the other way around and my Orthodox upbringing helped impart a love of history...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home