Wednesday, September 15, 2004

Something to shoot for...

About six months ago, I joined the Holy Orthodox Christian Church. My whole life was preparing me for that step, though of course I had no idea. If you had told me 10 years ago, as a first-team Protestant, that that was what God would call me to, I would have told you you were crazy.

But here I am, an Orthodox Christian, in a world of die-hard Evangelical Protestants.

I am not big on journaling...it feels too much like work, so I didn't write a lot of this down. But over the months and years, at times I felt kinda like Mary, the blessed Mother of our Lord, as I "treasured all these things" in my heart.

Now my heart is full, and I must get it out. And for some reason, this seemed like a good way to do it. So over the next few days, weeks, months, or however long it lasts, this little blog of mine will detail some of my thoughts, feelings and fears as I was led closer and closer to Orthodoxy. I'll also probably throw in some of these things that I am learning now, or need to learn, or don't want to learn.

That's my goal. Let's see if I can stick to it.


3 Comments:

At 10:01 AM, Blogger Paul said...

A big YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY! We're glad you decided to start blogging!!

 
At 11:01 AM, Blogger H.M. said...

Bec,
I am interested in your story. I would like to know more about the Orthodox church. I have a blog friend who is planting and Orthodox mission with her husband. Between the two of you perhaps I can gain some understanding of this ancient faith. Peace to you.

 
At 2:43 PM, Blogger Paul said...

(Nicki) paul and i have to share the comments - oh well - cant wait to hear more of your story in the past 10 years (gosh has it been 10 years -man you are getting old!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home